Saturday, February 12, 2011

Trip to MD and Martinis

We set out on the road to Charles County, MD to show Samantha my family. The trip was grueling and merciless and Sam had to ward off motion sickness due to my wreckless driving. Well not entirely wreckless, we do have a little bun in the oven.


We arrived in the magical land of Indian Head around 6 pm and quickly unloaded and let the dog stench out of the car. What a relief. We hung with my sis Amber and stepdad for a bit before he had to leave for a gig. Apparently, Troy told my sisters that they are going to be aunts after me and Sam were trying hard to keep it from Amber. Then my mom and the rest of the sisters came home and Sam and my mom chatted it up.



I had to peel my gal away from the gossip fest that ensued between her and my mom so we could go see my stepdad and his band at Martinis. We arrived to be warmly and drunkenly greeted by Arden and Randy. I broke down and told them the news at which they were ecstatic. Randy bought me a drink and I proceeded to get a little tipsy. haha Dry martini straight up. Took two sips and I was buzzed. Yeah, I'm a lightweight. So I traded him for a beer and he bought me several after that. He also bought my stepdad a few. After the first set, my stepdad came over and greeted us and welcomed Sam into the family. haha














We left before my dad's band finished their set. I was little plastered and Sam was tired. No worries-I was good enough to drive. We got home safely and hung out with my mom and sisters for a bit. We finished the night with them with this:








2 comments:

  1. Linked over to your blog from Jess's. Very cool. We're happy for you guys. Love and babies are pretty much awesome. Yay!

    ReplyDelete